We all are a big fan of Michael Jackson and … and… and his trademark gravity defying shoes. That telling moon walk, those unparalleled dance moves, those impressive songs and that irresistible personality, all in a single person truly makes him the King of Pop.
But the mystery behind his anti-gravity shoes has always been a very fascinating one.
Here we are gonna unravel the mystery… Read close!
1. Do you remember the first time these anti-gravity shoes came into being. He first performed with these shoes in Sweet Criminal and that too very dexterously.
2. Michael Jackson invented these amazing shoes accompanied by Michael L. Bush and Dennis Tompkins in 1992.
3. They mainly focused on the heels.
Heels were to be made having complete flexibility and allowing him to lean forward with absolute ease.
4. He wanted to take it to another level and so the shoe was to be affixed with specially designed heels to help him shift his center of balance on stage.
5. Along with these many things to be focused on, he wanted them to be stylish and elegant.
6. The trio was awarded for their awing invention in 1993. But in 1996, Jackson’s heels got loose causing him a serious injury on the stage during his world tour.
7. Learning from this incident, they redrafted the original patent making the shoes more safer than ever.
8. In 2005, the patent got expired. So the modish shoes sold off for a nice $600,000.
Here’s the Google document of it.
His iconic lean could never be surpassed….
Some of the content is credited to wittyfeed : Source